This episode was recorded on May 27, 2020. Mickey visits with Olanike Ayomide-Mensah to talk about equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace; and how it intersects with leadership development. We discuss:
- We’ve been chasing diversity and inclusion since the Civil Rights Act and making anemic progress. It’s time workplaces face the truth about what it’s going to take to see real change.
- Nonprofit organizations have a unique opportunity to model and lead
- The nonprofit sector will have to face some hard truths and be imaginative and courageous in forging a new path forward.
- Nonprofits are good at treating individual problems, but not cultural problems.
- How does one transform a culture?
- Looking at an org’s policies and procedures, especially related to workforce planning, hiring, training & development, promotion and retention.
- Equity and diversity in board governance
- Equity in Philanthropy & Fundraising
We welcome your questions and feedback via The Inclusion Catalyst website.
Support Inclusion Catalyst by donating to their Tip Jar: https://tips.pinecast.com/jar/inclusion-catalyst