Lauren Camdzic joins us to discuss the need to include disabilities in corporate board agendas and conversations of diversity. She also shares her personal journey of adapting to life in a wheelchair and the importance of ADA compliance.
- Lauren discusses the Valuable 500 and the companies who have pledged to make disabilities a part of their diversity conversations
- How companies can modify their spaces to provide access for those with mobility impairments
- How to respectfully open up the lines of communication with people in the disability community
- The need for organizations to have emergency plans in place for people who are disabled
- Lauren’s journey into the spotlight as an advocate for the community during her recovery
- Call to action: learn about the ADA policies and include people from the disability community in conversations about diversity
Support Inclusion Catalyst by donating to their Tip Jar: https://tips.pinecast.com/jar/inclusion-catalyst