Our guest is Mary-Frances Winters, talking about her latest work, Inclusive Conversations: Fostering Equity, Empathy, and Belonging across Differences. Inclusive Conversations relates conversational conditions to the current climate and illustrates how to navigate Inclusive Conversations in uncomfortable or new situations. Mary-Frances contends that in many cases, it is not that most people do not want to engage in inclusive conversations; they may simply not know how. Among the questions we tackle:
- How do you foster a conversation with people who do not want to converse?
- What is Reciprocal Empathy?
- What are the conditions for having Inclusive Conversations?
- How do you call people IN, instead of calling people out?
- How do you put the humanity back into leadership?
- What are the business benefits of genuine conversations?
Support Inclusion Catalyst by donating to their Tip Jar: https://tips.pinecast.com/jar/inclusion-catalyst